Monday, April 30, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken

Its spring time in the Kansas City area which means BBQ season! Sadly We have yet to actually grill out (so need to do that soon). While I LOVE BBQ I also don't do a lot of grilling myself, unless you count the indoor grill/griddle we have. Today's Recipe came to me in e-mail from allrecipes. They send daily recipes and I rarely actually cook any of them but this one sounded awesome and I thought I might be able to get a taste of KC BBQ without having to turn on the grill. I wasn't disappointed.

Fresh off the grill.


I only made a few small changes to this recipe. I added some seasoning to the chicken (I really don't think you'd notice without it). Also being from Kansas City I had to add a little KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce (original) to the mix. I added about 2tbsp to it. Also since I didn't feel like firing up the big BBQ grill outside for just a couple pieces of Chicken I just used our "Forman Grill" (Not really a Forman grill but similar). The chicken still turned out moist on the inside and BBQ flavorful. It was wonderful! I really loved it, my husband said it was Good but wouldn't give me anything more then that. I know he wouldn't lie about it but I didn't get the overwhelming "Oh wow this is good babe!" That I would get if he LOVED something. That aside I LOVED it.

Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is and I just finished eating it!


Today's recipe like I said came from allrecipes.com here is the link.
Allrecipes Honey Mustard Chicken

Honey Mustard Chicken

Prep Time:  15 Min   Cook Time: 20 Min   Ready In: 35 Min

Servings  (Help)

Calculate  
Original Recipe Yield 4 servings
 

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon steak sauce
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

  1. Preheat the grill for medium heat.
  2. In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and steak sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment