Monday, June 11, 2012

PB2 Peanut Butter Cream pie

Prepare to die (in a good way) this recipe is SO good! I will have to post pictures a little later as the pie is currently "setting" in the fridge. So this review is based off sample tasting the batter and giving my hubby the spatula to lick after finishing.

So my husband and I have a deadly addiction to peanut butter cream pie. Really its a shame, recently we picked one up at the store and I was FLOORED to discover that it contained 600 calories per serving! I mean COME ON! I decided that I was going to research and see if I could find a recipe that calls for PB2 instead.

Don't know what PB2 is? Well let me introduce you! It will quickly become your best friend as mine has and I JUST opened our first jar!

This size jar (actually the ONLY size jar I saw) I found at hy-vee and was $4.49 not bad considering I'm sure while its small it probably makes a lot of PB since its in a powder form.


Seriously, for any of you who have a love/hate relationship with PB because of the fat and calories. Well here ya go, 85% less fat and calories! Not to mention it was about 50% less in carbs I think too.


You simply mix it with water and laugh at the amount of calories you are missing out on!

The only time you will find me posting "topless" pictures. Just to give you an idea of the powder. By the way, it also smells awesome!

Ok so enough about my newest friend (so long old PB). Here is the recipe for the most amazing PB cream pie.

Ingredients

  • ½ cup of water
  • 1 packet of unflavored gelatin (I believe that this would be about 1 tablespoon)
  • 1-6 ounce container of plain non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 8 tablespoons of PB2 peanut butter powder (or ¼ cup)
  • 1/3 cup Splenda
  • 1-8 ounce container of fat free Cool Whip

Directions

  1. Bring ½ cup water to boil and add the unflavored gelatin. Stir the gelatin until there are no lumps. I will usually measure my water in a glass bowl and heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes on high to get the water to boil.
  2. Allow water to cool (not too much because you do not want gelatin to form just yet, but cool enough to touch).
  3. Add the PB2, Splenda, and Greek yogurt. Mix well until there are no lumps.
  4. Add half the container of Cool Whip. Save the other half for topping.
  5. Pour the peanut butter mixture into a non-stick sprayed pie pan. Place in refrigerator for an hour.
  6. Add the other half of the Cool Whip as a topping across the pie. Place back in refrigerator for another hour.
  7. Cut into 8 pieces.

Calories: 163     Carbs: 18      Fat: 6      Protein: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment