Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2-step inside out chicken pot pie= 2 delicious

Today was try a new recipe day again. Normally I'm not much of a veggie eater but what was in today's recipe I actually enjoyed.... All but the red peppers and I didn't mind the taste to much but with a 4mo old that is nursing and has been a very colicky baby I didn't want to risk it with the peppers. I didn't follow the recipe to the letter this time but pretty much.

I started out with 4 chicken breasts.... What I figured to be about a pound of chicken, I cooked the chicken till "brown" which is actually more of a grey like the directions says, the recipe doesn't call for it but I added a little poultry seasoning to the chicken to make sure it had lots of flavour it turned out really well!

After the chicken was cooked I also did another step that the recipe doesn't call for (so I guess I ended up with 4 step inside out chicken pot pie) and that was to cut the chicken up into little chunks. I figured that most chicken pot pie its not full chicken breasts and it would help the chicken cook faster.

Next I added the veggies and soup, for the veggies I got a "Red Roasted potatoes" mix, it has Red potatoes, red peppers, onions (although I never saw any) and broccoli. While it was all simmering I put the biscuits in the oven. It was simple, pretty fast and yet yummy! We even had enough to have some left over, for those of you who don't know my husband very well let me just say he can eat... and eat.... and eat some more. So unless we fixed a HUGE amount of food there isn't normally any left over. Either way this recipe is a keeper!

Everything simmering in the pot... Look at those yummy veggies!

Served up on the hot biscuits! Yummy!

Most of you might be surprised to hear that I said I enjoyed this, broccoli and all but I actually did! I like cooked broccoli I have found out I like it as long as its cooked and in something like this. :)

Next week we will be doing everything in the slow cooker! So stay tuned!

Oh and here is this recipe again taken from allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/2-step-inside-out-chicken-pot-pie/detail.aspx


Ingredients

  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut-up
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
  • 8 hot biscuits, split

Directions

  1. Cook chicken in nonstick skillet until browned, stirring often.
  2. Add soup and vegetables. Cover and simmer until done. Serve on biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment