Thursday, January 26, 2012

Most awesome Pot Roast

What a perfect dinner to cap off my "Slow Cooker Week" Ok so I know its only Thurs but we go to my mother in laws every Fri for dinner so that means its only a 4 night cook week for me. Now You may notice I also haven't blogged any other recipe's this week except 1. Well that being because the first one was nothing really to blog about. Simply throw some chicken in the crock pot and pour BBQ sauce over it and let it sit and cook for a few hours. I prefer to use KC Masterpiece but that's probably just the Kansas City girl in me. :) Tues' dinner I blogged about and last night well I wasn't feeling good so I skipped "cooking" and just did chicken nuggets and fries...... A Good back up plan for when you don't feel well. Haha

So tonight's dinner I wasn't real sure about, I'm not normally much of a roast person and after the somewhat flop of the Stew I was worried that it might not turn out as good as I originally had thought. However I kinda feel like we'll try it once and if we don't like it we won't do that recipe again. I have to say it was SO easy too! I started it in the crockpot around 10am. I mixed the simple ingredients together, then threw in the roast. I left it in till about 2pm on low then I kicked it up to high. Then around 4pm I added some potatoes and carrots. Around 5:30 we were ready to eat and it was DELISH! So far my husband hasn't been really commenting much on the new recipes I've tried. He tells me "Its good babe" but that just means its not nasty! LOL Tonight he was like "This is REALLY good!" So I asked him "So is this recipe a keeper to you?" he was like "YES!" Then I asked him if he would feel like having the left overs on Sat for dinner or should I store it in the freezer for another night next week? He was like "Yes! Sat sounds great!" Hahaha So its a keeper. Now the veggies were add on's to the recipe. My husband also enjoyed having 2 slices of bread open and the meat on top with sauce all over it. I had 1 slice of bread on the side and used it to sop up the extra very thick yummy gravy. Our plates were clean in record time! Eli however took a bite, spite it out and proclaimed "YUCK!" But we have had trouble getting him to eat meat so far at this age. I'm sure as he gets older he'll like it. :)


Hubby's roast on bread and covered in sauce! 

Ok so here's the recipe.... Again taken from allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/awesome-slow-cooker-pot-roast/detail.aspx

  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 5 1/2 pounds pot roast

Directions

  1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
  2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

    I forgot to mention above that the only changes I made to this recipe was that I added some seasoning salt to the roast on both sides before putting it in the crock pot. But again thats optional. Well I guess the whole recipe is optional. Haha Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment