Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pork Tenderloin

So as I've said this week is slow cooker week in our house, Monday started with an easy to make BBQ Chicken in the slow cooker. Easy because you just add chicken and pour BBQ sauce over it and let it sit for several hours. However last night was Pork Tenderloin, again I've never cooked this but the recipe sounded so good!

This weekend has been a rough one for our family, Fri Casey didn't have work so stayed home. We decided to get him in to see the Dr because he's been sick. Turns out he has bronchitis and I have a sinus infection. Casey has been home ever since till today when he finally went in. Having a sick man in the house is like having another child in the house. Its been exhausting, so yesterday as I prepared the pork tenderloin in the crock pot I wasn't feeling well. As I added ingredients I felt worse because the last 3 added smelled HORRIBLE! They were, Red Wine (a cooking red wine), Soy Sauce and minced garlic. YUCK, as I covered the pot I looked at that expensive dinner and thought "You'd better taste good!" I was worried that it would taste horrible. As it cooked the smell changed and wasn't as horrible, although you could still smell the cooking wine. I think its cause it seems to be mostly vinegar which I hate the smell of.

So finally the 4hrs passed and dinner was ready, now being in a haze the last few days I totally didn't think about what side to go with it till it was done! As I was dishing up dinner I thought at how potatoes and carrots would probably compliment this VERY well. Note to self, instead I steamed up some broccoli. The recipe called for a 2lbs pork tenderloin which is a lot for 2 people to eat. So I put it in a vacuum bag and sealed it up and stuck it in the freezer.... I also put the rest of the sauce in a bowl and stuck it in the freezer for future use. So now if I don't feel good one night I can take those out, stick them in the crock pot for like an hour with potatoes and carrots and viola! I'll have dinner!

Sadly I'm just now realizing I forgot to take pictures of dinner last night! Ha oh well. Again this one came from allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amazing-pork-tenderloin-in-the-slow-cooker/detail.aspx


Ingredients

  • 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
  • 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup red wine
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

The recipe says it takes about 15min to prepare and I found it was pretty close. This was very good! I also added some seasoning salt to the mix just to make sure it had lots of flavor. I think maybe if it cooked a little longer it would be falling apart on its own. As it was though it wasn't hard to cut at all. I will be keeping this recipe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment